[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @End commits entity changes!

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 15:25:24 EST 2007

How do I end the conversation without letting hibernate commit the entity changes?  Editing is a two stage process:  edit, then verify.  If I call my action's quit method from the edit page (with immediate="true" on the button), all is fine.  If I go to the verify page and make the same call to the quit method, the entities are updated anyway.

Button:
<h:commandButton type="submit" value="Quit without Saving" action="#{myaction.quit}" immediate="true"/>

Method:
	@End
  | 	@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)
  | 	public String quit()
  | 	{
  | 		logger.debug("Quitting without saving");
  | 		return PAGE_MAIN;
  | 	}

If I don't use the @End annotation, nothing is persisted, but then the conversation is out there in memory.  Any advice?

Thanks,