[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Reusing pages for different page flows?

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 17:10:08 EST 2007

The answer is probably simple, but I'm having trouble reusing pages for different flows.

I want to define two possible modes:

1. Edit mode:  select criteria --> edit stuff --> review/confirm

2. View mode:  select criteria --> review

The view mode shares the first and last pages of the edit mode.  How do I keep track of which mode?

I've tried using two <s:link>s on a menu each with their own <f:param> to send a request parameter.  The action class picks it up and sees it, but if the user starts, say, an edit mode conversation, and halfway through starts a view mode conversation, the original mode setting is retained.  What I'd really like to do (in this case) is kill the edit mode conversation, and start a fresh view mode conversation.

Any good examples of this out there?

Thanks,

Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111010#4111010