[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam eats exceptions

MSchmidke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 7 07:28:26 EST 2007

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : What was the xhtml? Facelets eats exceptions which occur e.g. on rendered attribute (I don't know why :(

I do not know whether xhtml is relevant in this case. I have digged one step further - Eaten Exception occurs during Outjection of a datamodel:

  | @DataModel
  | public Collection<Akteur> getEigentuemer() {
  |   Attributlieferant al = getAttribute();
  |   if (al == null) {
  |     return null;
  |   }
  |   return al.getEigentuemer();
  | }

Exception occured in "getAttribute" call, but method getEigentuemer should only be called by seam, not by jsf. xhtml directly accesses the outjected datamodel:

  | <ui:repeat var="p" value="#{eigentuemer}">
  |   <h:outputText value="#{p.anzeigename}" />
  | </ui:repeat>

Ok, admit, I don't know why I used a DataModel for this special case. But keep in mind that I am still learning Seam by doing ...

Marcus.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111206#4111206

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111206