[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Staying sane (or how do I keep up with Seam releases)?

gmarcus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 7 09:28:41 EST 2007

Can anyone share their strategy for updating to new releases of seam?

I am currently using Seam 2.0.0 CR1 and about to update to 2.0.0 GA.

I installed both versions and did a seam-gen with each and saw a lot of changes to the resource files and project structure.

When I have done upgrades in the past, I have done the following:
1. seam-gen a new project
2. diff the new project with my existing project
3. manually merge over any of my changes to files under resources which usually includes
     import-dev.sql
     import-test.sql
     import-prod.sql
     META-INF/persistence-dev.xml
     META-INF/persistence-test.xml
     META-INF/persistence-prod.xml
     WEB-INF/components.xml
     WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
     WEB-INF/pages.xml
     WEB-INF/web.xml
4. bulk copy over my view and src directories

Steps 2 and 3 are error prone and labor intensive.

I looked at using seam-gen update-project but that only copies over new libs and doesn't migrate changes to files in teh

I was thinking about moving to nightly builds on CVS, but I would go insane if I did this process everyday.

What do you do?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111247#4111247

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111247