[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Suggest Seam with Icefaces

objectkk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 7 15:00:17 EST 2007

Hello,

I have a web serives application which has no user interface. The only way to interact with that application is through xml files.

So now I wanted to develop a UI for that application. I selected IceFaces for this since it is the best opensource Ajaxified Server faces avaiable.

I heard about Seam, that it has an integration with IceFaces and let the developement much easier.

According to this link http://support.icesoft.com/jive/entry.jspa?entryID=773&categoryID=80

It is possible to run IceFaces applications on Websphere Application Server (WAS).

My Question is, can I run IceFaces applications developed with Seam on WAS ?

I do not need any more facilities than UI developement support. I do not need EJB 3 since I have to use webservices to communicate with the database.

can I decide which module I want to use in Seam ?

can I just use IceFaces support for UI and leave all other modules ?  will it run on WAS ?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank You.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111317#4111317

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111317