[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: File upload to application folder

nathandennis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 7 17:35:54 EST 2007

pete, you said that a custom servlet is the best way to do this. i am working toward a high traffic environment and i need large amounts of space to store pictures. i was thinking of letting my upload function query my database for a suitable foreign   server to store the picture on,,, and writing it down to the remote host.
here is my question. what is the problem with just letting apache deploy that content on the foreign host? wouldnt that be much quicker than executing more code?

these really arent images im worried about securing. i was thinking some really basic cookie authentication as more of a deterrent than a actually securing the data.

what do you think?? terabytes of pictures coming my way,,, how do i handle it and still be cost and performance effective?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111334#4111334

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111334