[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Tomcat, Seam 2.0.0.GA with no embedded?

andrew.rw.robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 8 22:13:26 EST 2007

I am trying to upgrade my application from Seam 1.2.1 to 2.0.0. It seems like the embedded support is much worse now though. This is what I had in a maven built war (subset of what I am using):

MyFaces 1.1.5
Facelets 1.1.14
Seam 1.2.1
Trinidad 1.0.5-SNAPSHOT
Drools (for security with seam)
EJB 3 using the embedded libs that came with Seam 1.2.1

Deployed on:
tomcat 6.0.13
java version "1.6.0_03"

I was using POJOs for my "action" beans (didn't want to have to bother with session bean interfaces) and EJB3/EntityManager for my entities.

Everything was working. When I switched to Seam 2 it now seems to have drastically different requirements. I was okay with using the JSF 1.2 RI, trinidad 1.2.5-SNAPSHOT, but I have some real issues with the embedded container. Before I just put the container in my WAR. beta2 now wants me to downgrade from JDK 1.6 to 1.5 and have to change my tomcat libraries.

I am really opposed to having to make any changes at all to the tomcat instance (including properties, configuration and libraries). I will not be hosting this app, and will not be running jboss, so I really need it to work using a virgin tomcat under JDK 1.6. Since 1.2.1 was working this way I was extremely disappointed to see this regression.

Is there a way to do this (embedded in the WAR and not in the tomcat lib directories)?

If not, are there any examples of using Seam w/ EJB3 under J2SE w/ no embedded?

If I go without the embedded, what seam functionality would I lose (I'd like to have seam page flows, drools security)?

Thanks,
Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111419#4111419

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111419