[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Destroy not called on logout

pdpantages do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 8 23:11:59 EST 2007

Seam 1.2.1GA,

Hello forum, I have noticed that debug statements I put in my components @Destroy method are not usually called when the user logs out. These are usually SFSB, Conversational objects, scope SESSION and CONVERSATION.

When the user logs out I call
Seam.invalidateSession(), and
identity.logout

If I destroy a conversation with the workspaces "destroy" button, I see my messages printed, but the behaviour is different if  you logout.

It make no difference if I use the logger or System.out.println to emit the messages.

Is this the expected behaviour? The manual just says the method is called when the context is ended and does not distinguish between logout and other cases. I am trying to find a memory leak and wondered if this indicated any sort of problem.

I turned up Seam debug & traced a component I have called "dashboard". The first traces are due to a logout, the second from ending the conversation with the destroy button. The INFO log only appears in the latter.

  | destroying: dashboardList
  | destroying: dashboard
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.preDestroy.dashboard
  | intercepted: dashboard.destroy
  | intercepted: dashboard.destroy
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.preSetVariable.dashboard
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.postSetVariable.dashboard
  | intercepted: dashboard.PRE_DESTORY
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.preRemoveVariable.dashboard
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.postRemoveVariable.dashboard
  | Stateful component was removed: dashboard
  |

  | destroying: dashboardList
  | destroying: dashboard
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.preDestroy.dashboard
  | intercepted: dashboard.destroy
  | intercepted: dashboard.destroy
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.preSetVariable.dashboard
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.postSetVariable.dashboard
  | injecting dependencies of: dashboard
  | 2007-12-08 21:19:44,390 INFO  [http-0.0.0.0-8080-2] centina.sa.client.network.DashboardBean
  | Client: [dashboard] (23) Destroy
  | outjecting dependencies of: dashboard
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.preSetVariable.dashboardList
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.postSetVariable.dashboardList
  | disinjecting dependencies of: dashboard
  | intercepted: dashboard.PRE_DESTORY
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.preRemoveVariable.dashboard
  | Processing event:org.jboss.seam.postRemoveVariable.dashboard
  | Stateful component was removed: dashboard

Thank you kindly for any info....

PdP

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111421#4111421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111421