[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Recommendation: Filter, Servlet or tag

marius.oancea do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 10 01:53:25 EST 2007

Hello,
  I have a field read from db that contains some HTML and I have to display this field. The HTML contans things like : "..... ...". All images are in a db table with 3 fields:

id - e.g. ./MyImages/img1.jpg
mimetype
data (blob)

I see 3 ways to implement this:
- create a Filter that find all such img tags in the page and recognize the images starting with ./MyImages. The filter stores the images in the GraphicImageStore and replace the URL with the seam url to retrive the image from store.

- make a servlet mapped to "MyImages". Servlet will access the dao to retrieve the data from db.

- create a tag similar to seamtext that receive a text and make all the necesarry steps (parse, store imgs in ImageStore, replace the IMG tags with calls to the img store).

Any other

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111513#4111513

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111513