[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Using page parameters instead of Seam remoting

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 11 12:30:39 EST 2007

I'm currently using Seam remoting to pass facelet dataTable variables to a SFSB.

  | function setNoteData(rowIndex, colName, siteId, employeeNumber, icomsAccountApproved, securityLevelApproved, adjustmentLimitApproved) {
  | 		Seam.Component.getInstance("noteAction").setNoteData(rowIndex, colName, siteId, employeeNumber, icomsAccountApproved, securityLevelApproved, adjustmentLimitApproved);
  | 	}

When I placed a debug stop in Eclipse on the first line of the @WebRemote method and ran the test case, I get the following exception after I step over the first line of code:

Caused by java.lang.IllegalStateException with message: "could not acquire lock on @Synchronized component: noteAction"

What does this mean exactly and why does it happen?  Is it normal to not be able to place debug stops in a @WebRemote method?  (sorry in advance if this is a stupid question).

I'd prefer to use Seam page parameters to transfer these variables to the SFSB.  I'm assuming that is the preferred method of data transfer in the PAGE or REQUEST scope when user submits the form.  I've read the Seam ref pdf starting on page 78.  Are there any good examples on how to implement this (e.g. the Seam distro examples)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112025#4112025

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112025