[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Submit form and open results in new window

supernovasoftware.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 11 19:18:13 EST 2007

I use something like the following to hide the browser menus.

  |     <input id="index"
  |       onclick="javascript:openNewWindow('/start.xhtml','appwin','status=yes,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes' + winCenterCoordinates(1024,768));window.opener=null;window.close();"
  |          type="submit"
  |         value="Enter" />

Javascript

  | function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) {
  |     newWindow = window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures);
  | }
  |
  | function winCenterCoordinates(w, h) {
  |     LeftPosition = (screen.width) ? (screen.width - w) / 2 : 0;
  |     TopPosition = (screen.height) ? (screen.height - h) / 2 : 0;
  |     position = ',top = ' +TopPosition + ',left = ' +LeftPosition + ',height = ' +h + ',width = ' +w;
  |     return position;
  | }

Does anyone have any advice on opening then widow or not based on an Ajax request.

Currently I have a login form.  This works normally.  After successful login, the user is taken to a page with the button shown above.  Here they click this button and a new window opens with the browser menus hidden.

I would prefer to give them a validation error if it fails and then open an new browser widow only if it is successful.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112122#4112122

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112122