[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Class Cast Exception - PortletConfigImpl

robsummitt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 11 21:31:46 EST 2007

I've been moving along developing portlets using 2.6.2, no problems.  All of a sudden I'm getting a class cast exception.  I haven't added any jars to the server or to my project.  I've even tried copying the portlet jars from the portlal.sar/lib and adding them to my project as a fix, still no luck.

Can anyone give a recommendation as to what to try?  I've reinstalled a fresh copy of the 2.6.2 bundled with AS, didn't help.

I know it must be a jar conflict somewhere, just can't seem to figure out where.  Is it the "portal-portlet-jsr168api-lib.jar" or "portlet-api-lib.jar" files that could be causing this?

Code that throws the exception:

PortletRequestDispatcher prd = getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/WEB-INF/jsp/view.jsp);
prd.include(rRequest, rResponse);

21:08:27,996 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.api.PortletConfigImpl

Thanks for any help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112134#4112134

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112134