[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Localhost/IP Address issue

sathish.gopal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 13 04:41:37 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have deployed a war file(app.war) in JBoss 4.2.1. I can access this application by the url http://localhost:8080/app but if i replace the localhost by my IP Address ie http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080/app i get "The page cannot be displayed" error. It is as if there is no server running, which is strange.  I need to access my application(with IP Address) because i need to distribute this URL so that others can access my application.

I thought the problem could be due to connectivity issue(DNS issue) but when the same war file is deployed in Tomcat. It works both the way(localhost and ip address). Is there any setting that need to be adjusted in Jboss which detects my IP address..

Help me out in solving this issue in JBoss

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112485#4112485

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112485