[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @DataModel s:link h:commandButton h:dataTable

djfjboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 13 09:15:28 EST 2007

Damian

Many thanks for your reply - I could have RTFMd many times over and still not have spotted my error.  I assumed that I could access the variable via the #{a.b} notation - it never occurred to me to try #{b} unless I'd already defined @Name("b") somewhere.  This style of reference is not one that comes naturally to me.

With this small but very important change both s:link and h:commandButton work - the issue regarding submitting the form does not seem relevant, but maybe it is!

Unfortunately, this success leads to another newbie question!
I'm more than happy to contribute this to the pot and looked at the Wiki page to see how to do it.  I created a new entry under Tips (DataModel/DataSelection easy when you know how) which takes me to an undefined page that I then provided some content for and saved it.  But when I returned the content had all gone!  Kindly indulge my ignorance a little further and I'll put the material on the Wiki.

Thanks again,
David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112571#4112571

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112571