[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: External AJAX access to webremote?

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 14 11:11:14 EST 2007

Now that I included jboss-seam-remoting.jar...yes.  (doh! slap!)

Different issue now, both IE and Firefox have security issues.  I'm logged in to my work via VPN, it must think "localhost" is a different domain.  In IE I can enable the session, in Firefox I get a red "Please wait..." box in the upper right of the page, and an error on the console:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

I can get past the "Please wait..." by adding the following code to my javascript method:

		if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { // Mozilla, Safari,...
  | 			try {
  | 				netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserRead");
  | 			} catch (e) {
  | 				alert("Permission UniversalBrowserRead denied.");
  | 				return null;
  | 			}
  | 		}

However, then I get this in the javascript console:

Error: [Exception... "'Permission denied to get property XMLDocument.documentElement' when calling method: [nsIOnReadyStateChangeHandler::handleEvent]"  nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)"  location: "<unknown>"  data: no]

Any way around that?

I've rewritten this service as a servlet.  I still end up with the same domain-change security issues, but don't have a problem reading the data from my home-rolled javascript.  So I'm wondering if there's a bug in the Seam javascript?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4112993#4112993

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4112993