[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Resource not found exceptions with seam using mod_jk

todd.nash@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 14 11:52:43 EST 2007

[Could you comment on the advantages and disadvantages of Apache HTTPD vs JBoss Native in the context of a Seam/Facelets application that serves very little static content?]

I'm no expert on this, but for our application(s), we use Apache to do load balancing in addition to handling virtual servers. We have applications that use Tomcat and applications that use JBoss. Apache with mod_jk allows us to point the request to point to the correct app server based upon the context.

If you have a clustered environment, fronting the cluster with Apache is a cheap way of load balancing across the cluster. I don't know right off hand whether or not JBoss provides a cluster manager server that will load balance for you, like WebLogic does.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113006#4113006

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113006