[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Permission Denied when getting FileInputStream

sarinbabu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 16 03:13:53 EST 2007

Hi All,

I am getting a java.io.FileNotFoundException(Permission denied) exception when I am trying to open a FileInputStream to a file in my local directory that has permissions -rwxr--r--.

Our application actually allows to copy a file from any location in the unix file system to our application's "vault" in the same unix file system.

I am getting this error when trying to copy a file with the above permissions from my home directory to the vault location from GUI.  But I am able to successfully copy the same file from the my home directory to the same vault location using a test case(run using TestNG which basically uses JUnit).

Our application is deployed in JBoss and I am logging in as myself into our application.

I have seen the server.policy file in /jboss-4.0.2/server/default/conf/ which grants AllPermissions:

grant {
  |    // Allow everything for now
  |    permission java.security.AllPermission;
  | };

But I am still wondering why I am getting the (Permission denied) exception when I access our application from GUI while I am trying to open a FileInputStream to this file which has "read" access to all the users (in the backend code); suprisingly I don't get this error when I run the backend code from the TestNG test case !!!

I would really appreciate any help regarding what I am missing here.  I am not even sure whether it is JBoss's login-config.xml or server.policy that I need to change to get read access to the file I am accessing.

Please let me know.  This is difficult to debug for me and I am totally frustrated now.  I have been on this for the past 4 days, but could not resolve it.  Looking for help.

Our application uses, Spring 2.0, Hibernate 3.2 and AJAX backed by Oracle and deployed in JBoss 4.0.2.

Thanks,
Sarin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113199#4113199

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113199