[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: HELP: SEAM + RICHFACES + PORTLETS

chuaky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 16 21:26:02 EST 2007

hi pete,

We have applied Seam 1.2.1GA + Portal 2.4.1 in one of our projects and it is successfully deployed quite some time ago.  One of the pages in the web UI need to refresh its content periodically (like 2 mins).

The rendering time is long (about 15 secs) and it is due to the amount of information to display.  That is after we applied some of the tips at

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=117190

We had wanted to use ajax in this project to reduce the amount of rendering, instead of a brute force rendering of the entire page.

I saw a discussion at the portal user forum on supporting ajax, it is

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=115083&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

Can the above be a temporary solution, until Seam 2.0.2 is available?
(sorry, i am not familiar with the seam source code, so if u could advise me on this matter, it would certainly speed up matters)

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113251#4113251

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113251