[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Message paging not working

icruz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 08:36:07 EST 2007

Hello,

we have a test case where messages are not paging. We're using:

- A cluster of two nodes
- JBossAS 4.2.1
- JBossMessaging 1.4.0.SP2
- MySQL 5.0.45

we have a mbean that sends a large number of messages to a clustered queue with FullSize=4000. And we have deployed a MDB that receives messages from this queue, with a sleep of 100ms (so that it doesn't consumes messages very fast)

If we send 100000 non-persistent messages, we see both nodes processing messages, but there's no mysql activity, and JBM_MSG* tables are empty, so messages are not paging. In the JMX console we monitor the queue and we see MessageCount=DeliveringCount=90K messages.

Seeing the source of ChannelSupport, it seems messageRefs.size() == 0. Because this is the number it compares to FullSize, it will not page any message to DB.

I can attach the test case if you need

Thanks in advance,
Isaac

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113377#4113377