[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Class-Design vs. Performance

wachtda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 09:46:30 EST 2007

Hello Together

I've developed a few application with hibernate-support.
Now for my final exam i have a project with a huge arise of expected data...(measurments)

Of cause of flexibility reasons I made a Class-Model which is very scalable.
I have the classes:

- Device
- Attribute (knows many Devices)
- Measurement (knows one Device and one attribute)

Now, I expect arround 50'000'000 measurement entries to store per day.
For me it looks, that I should make a Table in the database that holds all the measureents from one device (about 100) that will be after yet 500'000 rows of data.

Should I make this grouping of measurements or is it irrelevant in the aspect of hibernate?

Can I make this grouping with the Hibernate Annotations or do I need another Model-Class for this?

Thank you for helping...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113406#4113406

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113406