[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: What is the timeline for 2.0.1?

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 18 11:36:53 EST 2007

"cpopetz" wrote : Thanks for the information on the timeline.  I'm running with the latest nightly snapshot, which allows me to continue load testing, though I'm reluctant to deploy to production with it.

We are also waiting on the release of JBoss AS 5.0.0.BETA3 before releasing the next GA of Seam. I hope we can do a release early in the new year. In the meantime, I think CVS is pretty stable atm with no big changes planned before the next release.

anonymous wrote : With regard to the mailing list, I'm not so much looking for development discussions.  What I'm interested in is an announcements list for critical issues (security, crashing bugs, bugs that effect the entire framework, etc.)  I think that discovering that seam isn't thread safe is a pretty big deal, and the only way I found out was by stumbling upon the JIRA issue for the above-mentioned bug.  If I had already deployed seam to production, I'd need to know that bug exists as soon as possible, so that I could roll back.   I can filter through seam-issues, but I might miss it, or not recognize the ramifications of a bug as well as someone versed in the code.

  | If I buy Jboss support, does something like that exist?  If the above-mentioned bug had been found in a released (not GA) version of seam, would someone at jboss have made a more concerted effort to get the word out, e.g. a sticky forum post?

There is no such facility for the community, I will check whether there is for customers.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113862#4113862

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113862