[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Unwaring web app - leaves some files in the war

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 18 11:42:35 EST 2007

Regarding the contents of the war archive (whther file or directory), here is where my confusion comes in.  This is your illustration:

deploy
  | +myapp.war
  |      +conf
  |           +config.properties
  | +WEB-INF

This tells me that there are two entities in the deploy directory: myapp.war and WEB-INF. Then in myapp.war there is a directory named conf. In other words, the WEB-INF directory is not located in the war archive but is outside of it. I am sure that is not what you meant, but whereas in this case I can assume you really meant that WEB-INF is within myapp.war (at least I hope you meant that), in other cases I have to take your word for the layout, and in many cases the layout has me confused because it cannot be correct.

Put it another way. Here are the contents of the war I am using to duplicate this problem, as produced by the jar utility:

$ jar -tf webapp.war
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/peter/
index.jsp
WEB-INF/classes/config.properties
WEB-INF/classes/peter/TheServlet.class
WEB-INF/web.xml

I would illustrate this as follows:

webapp.war
  | + index.jsp
  | + WEB-INF
  |    + classes
  |       + config.properties
  |       + peter
  |          + TheServlet.class

or alternatively as:

Contents of myapp.war: index.jsp
  | WEB-INF/classes/config.properties
  | WEB-INF/classes/peter/TheServlet.class

The code that you posted, can I assume that the code is located within the class ProjectRootClass, and that the class is not a servlet? Also, this code does not access the properties file. How is the properties file accessed?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113863#4113863

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113863