[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Setting up multiple instances of JBoss in different mach

viswanadhvk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 18 11:55:42 EST 2007

HI shoeb,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me briefly explain you, what I did .

I am using windows XP , and JBoss 4.2.1.

(1) I changed  DefaultPartition to TestPartition at   "  all\deploy\cluster-service.xml "

  | <server>
  |
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |    <!-- Cluster Partition: defines cluster                                   -->
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.ha.framework.server.ClusterPartition"
  |       name="jboss:service=${jboss.partition.name:TestPartition}">
  |
  |       <!-- Name of the partition being built -->
  |       <attribute name="PartitionName">${jboss.partition.name:TestPartition}</attribute>

(2) Even though I am NOT using SFSB (Stateful Session Bean) .

I modified the below code at cluster-service.xml for "SFSB"

(3)I modified the "HA-JNDI"  also at cluster-service.xml

changed  DefaultPartition to TestPartition

  | <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |    <!-- HA JNDI                                                              -->
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.ha.jndi.HANamingService"
  |       name="jboss:service=HAJNDI">
  |       <!-- We now inject the partition into the HAJNDI service instead
  |            of requiring that the partition name be passed -->
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="ClusterPartition"
  |          proxy-type="attribute">jboss:service=${jboss.partition.name:TestPartition}</depends>
  |       <!-- Bind address of bootstrap and HA-JNDI RMI endpoints -->
  |       <attribute name="BindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |       <!-- Port on which the HA-JNDI stub is made available -->

(4) I modified at the "HA-Invokers"

changed  DefaultPartition to TestPartition

  | <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |    <!-- HA Invokers                                                          -->
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.invocation.unified.server.UnifiedInvokerHA"
  |       name="jboss:service=invoker,type=unifiedha">
  |       <depends>jboss:service=TransactionManager</depends>
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="Connector"
  |        proxy-type="attribute">jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=socket</depends>
  |       <depends>jboss:service=${jboss.partition.name:TestPartition}</depends>
  |    </mbean>

(5) I changed at "Distributed cache invalidation"

  | <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |    <!-- Distributed cache invalidation                                       -->
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.cache.invalidation.bridges.JGCacheInvalidationBridge"
  |       name="jboss.cache:service=InvalidationBridge,type=JavaGroups">
  |       <!-- We now inject the partition into the HAJNDI service instead
  |            of requiring that the partition name be passed -->
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="ClusterPartition"
  |          proxy-type="attribute">jboss:service=${jboss.partition.name:TestPartition}</depends>
  |       <depends>jboss.cache:service=InvalidationManager</depends>
  |       <attribute name="InvalidationManager">jboss.cache:service=InvalidationManager</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="BridgeName">DefaultJGBridge</attribute>
  |    </mbean>

in all the above places I changed the name of the partition name. I changed from DefaultPartition to TestPartition, thats it. Other than that I haven't changed any thing.

(6) I changed another file called farm-service.xml

which is at "I changed all\deploy\deploy.last\farm-service.xml"

  | <!-- ===================================================================== -->
  | <!--                                                                       -->
  | <!--  Sample Farming Service Configuration                                   -->
  | <!--                                                                       -->
  | <!-- ===================================================================== -->
  |
  | <server>
  |
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.ha.framework.server.FarmMemberService"
  |       name="jboss:service=FarmMember,partition=${jboss.partition.name:TestPartition}" >
  |
  |       <!-- We now inject the partition into the HAJNDI service instead
  |            of requiring that the partition name be passed -->
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="ClusterPartition"
  |          proxy-type="attribute">jboss:service=${jboss.partition.name:TestPartition}</depends>
  |
  |       <depends>jboss.web:service=WebServer</depends>

(7) I changed this file also

deploy-hasingleton-service.xml which is at all\deploy\

If I won't change this file , JBoss server showing error message as this Partition (defaultPartition)that it is not deployed yet in the server.So I need to change this.

  | <server>
  |
  |    <!--
  |     |
  |     | Use the deployer service on the singleton node.
  |     |
  |    -->
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.ha.singleton.HASingletonController"
  |           name="jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer">
  |       <!-- We now inject the partition into the HAJNDI service instead
  |            of requiring that the partition name be passed -->
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="ClusterPartition"
  |          proxy-type="attribute">jboss:service=${jboss.partition.name:TestPartition}</depends>

In  the above files also I changed only name of the 'partition' from 'DefaultPartition' to 'TestPartition'

I did the same changes in 2nd machine also.

Next I started both the machines (one after another, may be 30 secs gap)

with the below command.

  | run.bat -g ,partition name -u <multicast address> -b <this machine IPaddress> -c all
  |
  | run.bat -g TestPartition  -u 228.1.2.3 -b 166.35.136.77 -c all

Same I did for 2nd machine also, Of course IP address of that machine.

mcast-address and partition names both are same for both machines.

But both are not recognizing each other.

I also re-started the machines with different start up commands but in vain.

these are the start up commands

  | run.bat -g TestPartition  -u 228.1.2.3 -b CUSTXIRVMRWW5GG -c all
  |

  | run.bat -b 166.35.136.77 -c all --partition=TestPartition -u 228.1.2.3

Can any body suggest me , what I need to do more. Or please suggest me  am I doing any mistake any where.

Thanks!
Viswanadh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113867#4113867

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113867