[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - safe way to test if entity is persisted

gsegura do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 18 18:52:52 EST 2007

Hello,
in this topic http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=98478 the question of what is the proper (specification compliant) way to check if an entity has been persisted was raised.

And here http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2439 is stated that anonymous wrote : checking non-null identifier value being available on an entity instance if its in persistent state
is at least anonymous wrote : relying on questionable behavior

but I didn't see any alternative approach suggested, so I'm asking for the safe  way to verify persistent state of an entity.

regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114022#4114022

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114022