[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Search entity doesn't need to be validated

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 19 17:20:37 EST 2007

"jazir1979" wrote : From my understanding, you need s:validate to trigger hibernate validator at the JSF level.  Otherwise, the validations only trigger when you try to persist an entity?  I could be wrong, however.

No, you are completely correct. Don't use s:validate/s:validateAll in your search form, and don't try to persist the entity you are using to hold your search data and it won't be validated.

And yes, I found I normally had to do

@Name("exampleFoo")
  | public class ExampleFoo extends Foo {
  |
  |    private Date startOfDateRange;
  |    private Date endOfDateRange;

when using example entities for searching - you get both the fields from the entities for basic fields and can add extras.

I want to get a tutorial into the docs at some point - "Working with your seam-gen'd app" which should include stuff like this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114420#4114420

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114420