[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam in Real World: Made with Seam

mortena do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 20 04:55:43 EST 2007

I just read: http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=45998

Where 37signals are mentioned and I came to think of a fundamental difference between the two companies:

 - 37signals use the tool they develop (ruby on rails)
 - JBoss develop a tool for others to use (seam)

Which kind of compares to:
 - A blacksmith that happens to sell hammers (and optimizing the hammer design while using and testing it)
 - A blacksmith that happens to sell a kind of hammer he doesn't use himself.

This just gives the wrong impression (and marketing material) for the last blacksmith.

And came to think:

 - Why are we using this "c...." forum when we have a tool like seam at our hands?
 - Why are JBoss not building real world applications and making som great marketing material to show off?

It's time for real world examples.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114548#4114548

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114548