[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Unwaring web app - leaves some files in the war

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 20 05:16:50 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | Does the application work in 4.2.2? You never said.

I kind of did, see my comment on the difference of the directory structure between 4.2.2 and 5.0. 4.2.2 has no web-inf directory in the work directory whereas 5.0 does. Works fine in 4.2.2!!

anonymous wrote :
  | Here is my directory/file structure (starting with the deploy directory):
  |
  | deploy/inear.ear/meta-inf/application.xml
  | deploy/inear.ear/webapp.war/index.jsp
  | deploy/inear.ear/webapp.war/web-inf/web.xml
  | deploy/inear.ear/webapp.war/web-inf/lib/stuff.jar
  | deploy/inear.ear/webapp.war/web-inf/classes/config.properties

The difference between me and you now is that my config.properties does not sit inside the classes directory but just under the base web directory so  in your case it would look like so

deploy/inear.ear/webapp.war/config/config.properties

anonymous wrote :
  |  thought you stated that you were using exploded directories?

I did and im after double checking again ;). Deleted what was in the work directory and fired it up again, still same problem, i have the WEB-INF in the work directory. With exploded ear i no longer get any entry in the "tmp" directory, i assume this is because the directories are already exploded in the deploy directory.

I dont see how the location of the config.properties will make a difference to what you are getting though!! You sure you are using 5.0 Beta 2??

I will assume so, ok i dont know if this will make a difference but I´ll just describe what is happening. I dont directly reference the ProjectRootClass, i use an interface thats given to me and that indirectly references the ProjectRootClass, under the hood if you like to call it that way. The 2 classes are however packaged in 2 different jars from one another but both under the WEB-INF/lib directory. I dont see how that would make a difference from directly accessing it but i thought i would mention it anyways.(Just in case).

Im working on windows XP(Although i use cgywin to start it up) and you are on linux(i think), could this be a factor??

Cheers Peter,
LL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114556#4114556

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114556