[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: implementing SMPC questions

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 20 09:06:23 EST 2007

"asookazian" wrote : 1) I'm still getting "@In attribute requires non-null value: securityAuditAction.em" when I run my test case even after adding the create=true element setting in the @In attribute.  How can I fix that?

What does your components.xml look like?

anonymous wrote : 2) The previous code was as follows:

  | @PersistenceContext(unitName="boIcomsSecurityAudit", type=PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED)
  |   | private EntityManager em;
  |
  | Note that I have multiple persistence units in my persistence.xml as well as multiple datasources in my *-ds.xml.  How will the SMPC know which datasource or persistence unit to use?  The optional elements for @In are required, create, scope, value.

By the wiring in your components.xml

anonymous wrote : 4) is the SMPC similar to JPA EXTENDED persistence context type in that the JPA entities are not released (unmanaged) from the PC?

It's like an Extended PC that is scoped to a conversation rather than a SFSB. It has significantly simpler propagation rules

anonymous wrote : must you use SMPC or can you use JPA Extended PersistenceContext as follows?

You can use either, but you must use Hibernate atm.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114652#4114652

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114652