[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Recommended testing framework

adam.conroy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 20 15:06:54 EST 2007

If anyone is curious as to how I ended up, I wrote custom Ant tasks to start and stop JBoss from the jars in the bin directory, on Unix OS's also using ps and kill to make sure that its really dead if the stop script doesn't succeed. I learned how to do this by looking at JBoss' own testsuite scripts.

For running the tests I have a simple HttpServlet that runs the tests with JUnitCore.runClasses(...) and puts the results on the response in an easy to view HTML table.

This took me one day and the framework amounts to maybe two pages of code. Really wish I went down this path from the beginning and didn't mess with Cactus for so long.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114785#4114785

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114785