[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Serializable return object from stateless session bean

asafkarpel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 20 16:02:53 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a remote stateless session bean methos that returns an object that doesn't implement the serializable interface (this object is a class with 4 String attributes).

So from what i understand the method should not work and throw a java.io.NotSerializableException when invoked.

This is the case when i deploy the application on Jboss 4.0.3
But when i deploy it on jboss 4.0.5GA it works fine.
I can invoke the remote method and it works although the return type is not serializable.

Just to note, when i try to invoke the metod (in both cases), I always do it from the same pc server the jboss is running but I always lookup the remote interface.

Does any why know why the difference in behaiour?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114804#4114804

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114804