[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Session is getting merge with other session in Jboss cache

igain do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 20 19:37:52 EST 2007

Hi,

I have been using J2EE application on jboss-4.2.0.GA in a clustered mode from past 6 months and it is working perfectly.

But in last 2-3 days I got 2 unusual reports.

In our application there is module called Online Application which is a 3 step process

1) 1st page captures all personal information like first name, last name address etc.

2) When user hit continue button 2nd page comes and it display some use agreement and a check box for " I Agree" as well 4 text box
2 of them displays firstName and lastname and both are read only text box. Other 2 to take input from for DOB and SSN.

3) After filling out all these information when user hit submit button. All information goes to server for processing.

No unusual behavior is on 2nd page 2 user reported that when they hit continue button on 1st  page, on next page rather then displaying their name application is displaying some other name.
And this name is another user who submitted his information in our application.

this means session is getting merged with some other user's session. Which i don't understand. Is it possible in Jboss clustering that 2 user's session can get merged ?

Is there any way to guarantee that each time a new session should get created?

For your information I am using struts 1.1, jboss-4.2.0.GA and mysql as DB.

jboss-4.2.0.GA is running in clustered mode, there 2 nodes in cluster env.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114847#4114847

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114847