[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: A customer JSF tag to display Graphics2D in Seam PDF out

EricJava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 02:44:37 EST 2007

"norman.richards at jboss.com" wrote : BTW - I didn't quite follow why you had a problem with rendering your charts with the built-in charting.  Just looking at the code, I see no reason why your charting subclass wouldn't have been rendered in the Graphics2D context that I use for our charts.

I'm not following.  Simple pie charts, bar charts, etc, yes, the built-in charting can do all that.  I needed to do some other stuff that the built-in Seam charting couldn't do.

Do you mean why I wrote my own ChartComponent class?  I initially tried to show my charts like: new ChartPanel(chart), using the JFree ChartPanel class.  For whatever reason, that rendered as a bitmap.  They probably have some buffering or whatever in there.  So I just wrote a tiny java.awt.Component class.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114899#4114899

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114899