[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Bug with Seam-Wizard created project

Newlukai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 05:16:23 EST 2007

For months I've been using JBoss IDE Tools 1.6 to develop my Seam application. This week I try to migrate to Eclipse Europa with JBoss Tools. Pretty nice work.

To migrate I created a Seam project with the "Seam Web Project"-wizard. We have some defaults regarding directory structure. And since we want to separate the "Eclipse-project-specific" files from the "source", I "linked" some directories like "WebContent" to directories outside Eclipse's workspace.

Perhaps you can imagine what happened. The EAR-project contained two directories "EarContent" and "resources". I deleted them and created two linked folders "EarContent" and "resources". "EarContent" contains jboss-seam.jar, application.xml and jboss-app.xml. "resources" contains the datasource xml file. Since I deleted and recreated those two folders it's impossible to include e.g. jboss-seam.jar to the other projects. As soon as I click on "J2EE Module Dependencies" on the Seam or the EJB project I get an error: "The currently displayed page contains invalid values."

Is it a bug? Is there a workaround? Without the possibility to include the ear project's modules to the other projects I will not be able to build my app.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114928#4114928

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114928