[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Two browser tabs : basic question

dkane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 07:55:53 EST 2007

damianharvey,

thank you for the example.

This radically differs from the model I have had in mind about page parameters. I thought that tag
<param name="id" value="#{testBean.id}"/>
takes value FROM  #{testBean.id} and makes it available via @RequestParam.

In your example, value is being taken from row.id using f:param (that is understandable) , and then it is being ASSIGNED TO #{testBean.id}.

I thought "param" in pages.xml exposes value to context for further usage, i.e. "value=" attribute is getter, not setter.

How can it work in both directions ? At least it works in the way I expected..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114964#4114964

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114964