[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustered Connection Factories

paduffy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 18:48:30 EST 2007

Similar question.  My application structure is as follows:

- Several dozen clients issue requests into a well know Q in AS instance CENTRAL (basically a message router).

- MDB in CENTRAL performs routing based on message properties. Request is then placed on topic maintained in AS instance CENTRAL.

- Several hundred (geo distributed) AS instance EDGE each have MDB listening to the remote topic maintained in CENTRAL.   They decide to accept a messsage via the selector they apply to the remote topic.

The idea is that internal messaging in EDGE must continue to function when CENTRAL is down.  Thus the broker in CENTRAL performing the routing function, and the independent brokers in each EDGE.

So my question is what is the recommended strategy to acheive HA at instance CENTRAL (the routing function).  We were considering a clustered pair of CENTRAL.  Clients connecting to CENTRAL would use a clustered connection to submit requests into the system.  But what about the MDBs listening in EDGE?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115144#4115144

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115144