[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - persist entities problem

alex_ro_bv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 23 08:03:06 EST 2007

Hi all, I'm new to seam, and I like it so far. I tried to develop a small project but I hit this exception: org.hibernate.exception: could not get nex sequence value. I have a entity with following annotations
 @Entity
  | @Table(name="blv_user")
  | @Name("user")
  | public class User implements Serializable {
  | 	private Long id;
  | 	private Integer version;
  | 	private String name;
  | 	private String pass;
  | 	@Id
  | 	@GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.SEQUENCE,generator="gen_user")
  | 	@SequenceGenerator(name="gen_user", sequenceName="id_user", allocationSize=1)
  | 	public Long getId() {
  | 	     return id;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setId(Long id) {
  | 	     this.id = id;
  | 	}

 when I do a query, it works , but with em.persist(user), raises that exception.
I did not find anything usefull on the documentation for seam, neither on how to save my queries in a xml file like in old hibernate style or how to call an store procedure. Can anyone help me please?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115244#4115244

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115244