[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Entity EJB3.0 Unit Testing - How to setup JNDI datasourc

sushmu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 24 11:09:43 EST 2007

Running Embedded JBoss from Maven is tricky partly because of the classpath issues and partly because of the surefire test plugin and the jdk 1.6 incompatabilities.

I did the following:

1. Download Embedded JBoss Beta 2 version.
2. Copy all folders under 'bootstrap' that comes with EJ into src/test/resources folder.
3. Configure the surefire test plugin with the necessary hacks.

Now I'm able to run EJ and deploy the EJB's. I've successfully unit tested an Entity EJB with the built in HSQL datasource. Next step.. Test the Session Beans (this has seam functionality).. Seam has to be configured  next with Embedded JBoss and maven.

This entire exercise of making Maven2 + Seam2 + EJB3 + Embedded JBoss Beta2 + Unit/Integration Testing is making me go insane.

MORAL: Unless you have unlimited time to waste, dont try this. Use seam-gen instead.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115368#4115368

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115368