[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to control end of conversations/state of stateful be

gus888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 26 11:24:24 EST 2007

For "How to control end of conversations":
I have the same problem. I think that it is critical issue for the core (conversation) of Seam. The Seam forum here suggested that you use "propagation=none" to all other buttons and links which users can reach and propagate away from the current conversation. I think, maybe I am wrong, that this way is not practicable in a production project. One reason is that maybe there are a couple of dozens links and buttons on screen, the second is that maybe there are other conversation begin buttons and links on screen.

My previous suggestion is that as long as system run a @Begin, system should put current foreground conversation to background (let system timeout clean) and start a new foreground conversation (if the conversation id is automatically created by system). Currently, in the Seam, this functionality only works on the SAME foreground conversation bean, for example, I start a conversation A from Conversation Bean A by clicking @Begin from A, then if I go back to click @Begin from the same Conversation Bean A, Seam will create a new conversation, BUT instead, if I go back to click @Begin from Conversation B, the whole system will throw exception (need @Begin (join=true)) and the system will be down. This is critical problem in a production project. Please correct me if I am wrong. I like to create a JIRA if Seam team think it is necessary. Thank you and have a good holiday.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115504#4115504

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115504