[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to control end of conversations/state of stateful be

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 26 12:13:22 EST 2007

"gus888" wrote : My previous suggestion is that as long as system run a @Begin, system should put current foreground conversation to background (let system timeout clean) and start a new foreground conversation (if the conversation id is automatically created by system). Currently, in the Seam, this functionality only works on the SAME foreground conversation bean, for example, I start a conversation A from Conversation Bean A by clicking @Begin from A, then if I go back to click @Begin from the same Conversation Bean A, Seam will create a new conversation, BUT instead, if I go back to click @Begin from Conversation B, the whole system will throw exception (need @Begin (join=true)) and the system will be down. This is critical problem in a production project. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Not really. Clicking back *does not* propagate the conversation. It just takes you back to the page as it was when you were on it before (read about how the back button works). So if you aren't in a conversation on your "start" page, you go into conversation A, then click the back button, you won't be in a conversation, and can start another one. Seam doesn't differentiate between conversations based on what method they are started from.

anonymous wrote : I like to create a JIRA if Seam team think it is necessary. Thank you and have a good holiday.

I really don't think this is necessary, and would just be (another) thing to learn about Seam. So I'm -1.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115511#4115511

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115511