[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Port used by jConsole connect remotely to JBoss AS behind fi

gigsvoo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 27 21:43:53 EST 2007

Hi there,

First of all, currently my JBoss AS sit inside a remote location Linux hosting server, exposing HTTP, HTTPS, 8080 and 11099 (jConsole usage) to allowed services for firewall. Then when I connect it with firewall turned off, I had actually found that despite connection via port TCP 11099, there is another port being used. So I also added that port into remote server firewall allowed services, then turned on the firewall service and everything works just fine.

Later when I restarted the JBoss AS for other reason, I found that the 2nd random port being used by JBoss AS besides 11099 has changed. How does that happening? Is there anyway to fix the 2nd additional port used by jConsole so everytime I restart AS, I don't have to change the firewall setting?

Thanks

David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115832#4115832

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115832