[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - hibernate AnnotationConfiguration rather than Configuration

crussell42 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 10:30:35 EST 2007

I am trying to persist an annotated @Entity object but I do not have a mapping resource foo.hbm.xml.
If HibernateHelper.java returned an AnnotationConfiguration rather than
a Configuration It would seem I could then specify a property in hibernate.cfg.xml such as

  | <mapping package="foo"/>
  | <mapping class="foo.MyAnnotatedFooClass"/>

Which then would allow my annotated class to be stored using a HibernateLongInstance
rather than as a blob (since my annotated class is Serializable)
So Then I put this at the top of jbpm.varmapping.xml (which I havent seen as example but seems to work...except for the resulting exception).

anonymous wrote :
  | Interesting here is the use of AnnotationConfiguration. The packages and annotated classes are declared in your regular XML configuration file (usually hibernate.cfg.xml).
  | Note that you can mix the hbm.xml use and the new annotation one.
  | The resource element can be either an hbm file or an EJB3 XML deployment descriptor. The distinction is transparent for your configuration process.

Exception received when I try this strategy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009479#4009479

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009479