[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - f:param in h:commandLink in h:column

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 11:00:30 EST 2007

Within a h:dataTable's h:column I have a h:commandLink that I want to show a specific URL parameter. Within the commandLink I therefore add an f:param, but it doesn't seem to do anything in the generated URL.

Even if I have a static value like below, nothing happens (shouldn't every generated URL have an ?paramName=1 appended to it?):

<h:commandLink action="${bean.method}" value="Do Method">
  |      <f:param name="paramName" value="1" />
  | </h:commandLink>

Why might this be happening?

Also, when the param value is set to an EL expression, nothing appears. But if I place the expression as just text within the h:column but outside the commandLink it appears as it should (based on each row's value...)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009516#4009516

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009516