[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: User Experiences with IceFaces & How important are compo

seamNoobie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 14:52:39 EST 2007

That is truly awsome.

I can offer my very small (6 relevant classes and not many more in total) SEAM project if it would help. It shows the following issues:

  Partial Submits for fields, if you do these too quick you get the application to fail Logged on IceFaces forums - currently my project has all partial submits commented out where it can.

  After a period of time a submission from a screen looses its conversation (this is very repeatable) Logged on IceFaces forums

  When icefaces initially displays a seam bean with a boolean setting of true; it displays it as false on the screen (checkbox unchecked on the screen). Not logged on IceFaces forums yet

  Following the icefaces manual and help from the IceFaces forum I could not get the bindings to work for a paginated table so could not follow the Icefaces recommended  method for dealing with a problem where you had a table on page 3 and then you re-filtered which meant only having one page; but being left looking at an empty page 3. Actually; what bindings are and how to use them is not covered very well in any documentation.

Observations:
hitting enter from a filed to submit the form is non-trivial.

I should think the meeting is more high level that individual issues; but if it would help... the project is available.

Oh.. One last one that MAY be IceFaces related is the inability to destroy a conversation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009646#4009646

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009646