[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Where to place common JARs?

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 1 23:55:37 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : let's say I need to deploy two web applications under the same server, and both web apps are created with Struts, so they share a common set of Struts JARs. So, where should I place those JARs? Under %SERVER%/lib? Or under each web app's WEB-INF/lib?

You should place them in each of the web application's lib folder instead of %SERVER%/lib.

anonymous wrote : To make things more complicated, what if the two web apps use different versions of Struts, one uses 1.3.5, the other 1.2.9?

This wont work if you would place the jars in the %SERVER%/lib. This is exactly one of the reasons why you should place the jars separately in the individual web applications.

anonymous wrote :
  | or I can directly drop the WAR into the deploy folder?

Yes, you can directly place them in the deploy folder.

You would also be interested in reading these:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossClassLoadingUseCases

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009847#4009847

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009847