[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Web services and stateful session

jova73 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 08:51:22 EST 2007

Hi,
I'm working with JBoss 4.0.5 and the embedded JBoss Web Service support.
I have to expose as web services some functionalities of an existing J2EE application with stateful session management, i.e. I've a javax.ejb.Handle object which references my session and this handle must be passed to every method of the business logic EJBs.
Questions:
- how can I expose this Handle object to a web service client?
javax.ejb.Handle is not supported by JAX-RPC so I was considering serializing this object (e.g. base64 encoding). Is there any better method?

- I serialized my handle object to a file and it's less then 400 bytes: is that the average size of a serialized JBoss javax.ejb.Handle?

- is there any standard, implemented by JBoss 4.0.5, for a web service conversation?
I'd like to have my web service client making the following calls:
perform login
request one or more service (each one once or more times)
perform logout

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that my model doesn't fit in BPEL (I can't know in advance which and how many services a client will call between login() and logout())... Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010026#4010026

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010026