[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Importing Users into JBoss Portal 2.4.1

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 09:09:39 EST 2007

I guess you are using jbp 2.6 with ldap intégration ?

I still use 2.4, but...

for importing the user, look at the UserModule and RoleModule.
they are jmx services, so they are described in one of the jboss-service.xml of the portal.

and look at the java class.
you'll see there how to add some users in the db.

but... i would do a better integration.
Because doing some kind of replication of the user information from the ldap to the table into the portal is not a good idea : it should bring a lot of other troubles (how to update etc...).

=> modify the user module so that it provide the data of the user directly coming from the LDAP.
and adapt the user management screen so it comply with the data that are available in your ldap.

I am quite sure things have been organized like that on the 2.6 version.
may be it is a question to set all the configuration for LDAP authentification properly.
may be you have missed something when setting your configuration.
especialy look around the UserModule...

this are some guess, as I don't use yet the 2.6
hope it helps...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010034#4010034

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010034