[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - AOP and Scoped Classloader

jimmycallaghan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 09:40:20 EST 2007

I have a server with a number of EAR files deployed. One of these applications (call it EAR1) is logging it's own metrics from within it's own code.

To replace this, I have created another metrics application that will use AOP to intercept certain method calls as they happen in EAR1. All of this is working just fine. However, the EAR1 exists on a server with another 3 applications that use the same core classes and these core classes are of different versions. Currently each of these applications uses it's own scoped classloader as defined in their own jboss-app.xml.

To get my AOP application to work properly I've had to remove the jboss-app.xml file in EAR1 and in the AOP application and leave it in the other 3 apps. However, now I'm getting a lot of errors when the other applications deploy:
ERROR [STDERR] [error] ClassLoader has been garbage collected.. Do verbose mode if you want full stack trace.

What I really need to do is deploy my AOP application (itself an EAR file) that only applies to the classes in EAR1. Is there any way to do this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010049#4010049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010049