[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problems with converter

Frippe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 10:21:20 EST 2007

I'm part of a project using JBoss Seam as the main component and have been struggling to get a simple select-box to work.
Pretty soon I've found out that a Converter was needed which ended up in the following solution:

My conveter's interface

  | @Local
  | public interface MyConverter extends Converter {
  |
  | }

My converter implementation

@Stateless
  | @Name("ConvertARO")
  | public class AroConverter implements MyConverter {
  |
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  | 	private EntityManager em;
  |
  | 	@Logger
  | 	private Log log;
  |
  | 	public Object getAsObject(FacesContext ctx, UIComponent component, String value) {
  | 		log.info("AroConverter:getAsObject() :: " + value);
  | 		ARO aro = null;
  | 		if ((value==null)||value.length()==0) {
  | 			throw new ConverterException("Error 1 !");
  | 		}
  |
  | 		for (Iterator iter = em.createQuery("from ARO").getResultList().iterator(); iter.hasNext();) {
  | 			ARO a = (ARO) iter.next();
  | 			if(a.getName().equals(value)){
  | 				aro = a;
  | 				break;
  | 			}
  | 		}
  |
  | 		if (aro==null) {
  | 			aro = new ARO();
  | 			aro.setAro_id(0);
  | 		}
  |
  | 		log.info(aro);
  | 		return aro;
  | 	}
  |

  | 	public String getAsString(FacesContext ctx, UIComponent component, Object value) {
  | 		if((ARO)value != null)
  | 			return ((ARO)value).getName();
  | 		else
  | 			return "";
  | 	}
  | }

Excerpt from my xhtml page

<h:selectOneMenu id="selAro" value="#{selAcl.aro}" converter="#{ConvertARO}">
  |     <f:selectItems value="#{stockAction.axoRights}"/>
  | </h:selectOneMenu>

When I started working on this problem, I created the converter without the interface, which seemed to work. But sometimes JBoss freaks ut, telling me that the converter cannot be found when rendering. I solved that part with the interface. Now It renders OK, but when I try to submit information to an action class, JBoss gives me the error message:  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.test.actions.MyConverter

Why do I get this error?

//Fredric

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010069#4010069

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010069