[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: HTTP Status 401 Error on Admin Page (can't access page a

mwolfson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 10:46:43 EST 2007

(Bad HTML Formatting in previous message, this one is better...)

Thanks for the great idea.  I tried that, and it definately worked.

Unfortunately, I over achieved, and I basically overwrote everything I did previously (the first time I brought up the Portal, I got all the default pages - with my new "NewAdmin" page of course).  I changed the tag to overwrite for the entire portal (probably should have just done it for the specific  I was working on).

I guess this is a learning experience, and it won't take me nearly as long to redo everything as it did to create it in the first place.

Update...
Fortunately, I saved a copy of my old Portal before I started messing around (save early, save often!), so I was able to recover easily.

So, I tried again.  I copied everything, between the "page" and "/page" tags related to Admin, and renamed the page NewAdmin.  The NewAdmin page tags are within the same "deployment" tags as Admin.  I also changed the "if-exists" tag to overwrite (it was - keep).

The NewAdmin page doesn't show up.  I guess I could create a new deployment "defaultNew" and try that, but I am not sure if I would be able to change the attributes on the old deployment (the original Admin page, which is the original goal).

So, I guess I am still not 100% there.  This is frustrating, the Admin page should be external to the actual Portal (enhancement request - maybe I will see about working on that myself when I get past my current deadline, and get some free time).

BTW, I am using 2.4 on Ubuntu Linux.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010084#4010084

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010084