[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: An easy DatePicker component with Seam?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 14:17:10 EST 2007

By the way, this datepicker thing brings up the whole issue of external resources.  I just looked at my page's sourcecode and noticed that there is (not surpingly) JavaScript all over the place.  My understanding is that script elements only properly belong in the head element of HTML, and ideally they should actually be external to the page itself, in a separate URL.  Same with CSS elements, handy icons, etc.  I assume the answer on this is "yes", but the question is, is Seam or JSF going to have a mechanism for components to specify external dependencies, and then have all those external resources be truly external to the generated page?  Or is this actually not a good idea for some reason?  I'm just thinking that for things like the date picker, the JS for that will never change, so why send it as part of every page?  In the case of a small piece of JS like the date picker this doesn't matter, but no doubt we will be seeing bigger components, like GUI type editors, etc, which you can't practically send with every page.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010186#4010186

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010186